Monday, March 14, 2011

Adrian Area Chamber Shared Interest Groups

The Adrian Area Chamber of Commerce offers members a valuable resource through Shared Interest Groups (SIG).  Currently, there are two, Technology and Marketing. 

Tomorrow the Technology group will meet at the Chamber office for a Lunch 'n' Learn regarding smart phones, Blackberries and Android phones.  Mike McLemore is facilitating this conversation so those attending can make better use of their phones for practical and business purposes.  There are some really smart people involved with the Chamber.

On March 25, the Marketing SIG will have a Lunch 'n' Learn covering location based apps.  Details to be announced.  The Marketing SIG has been especially helpful to me personally.  I represent my organization's products and I am also responsible for the marketing.  I have a marketing background, but I certainly don't know all of the answers. 

Recently, I signed up to participate in the "All About Women" expo.  While I've attended and represented a business at an expo before, I've never planned a booth, materials etc.  I mentioned this at a Marketing SIG meeting and within a few minutes had lots of new ideas offered by members of the group.  Like I said, there are some really smart people involved with the Chamber.

The Marketing Lunch 'n' Learn meeting in February covered creating and executing a marketing plan.  It was presented by Gaynor Meilke who is Director of Corporate Relations at Siena Heights University.  There was a lot a very good feed back.  And no wonder, many businesses can benefit from information on planning marketing.

Each week the Adrian Chamber sends an email with information on upcoming events as well as some additional reminders during the week.  If you haven't had time to look these over, take a moment to check out the emails.  You may be pleasantly surprised at the learning opportunities that are available through the Chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment